Touring NYC with Kodak

Not only was it my first trip to BlogHer, but it was also my first time in The Big Apple. Thanks to Kodak, I got to go on a tour of the city with some other bloggers and capture the experience with my new Kodak Easy Share M580 digital camera.

The tour started with lunch at Caroline's Comedy Club which included Magnolia's cupcakes. Yum!  We boarded our double-decker buses and set off on our big city adventure. We went through Times Square, (named for the New York Times,) then it was on to Hell's Kitchen, (not so Hellish anymore,) past the Meat packing district (no meat packers in sight,) through Midtown, downtown, over to the Village, (where Carrie and the girls hang out,) and on through China Town.

The whole time I shot pic after pic on the moving bus, with my 14mp Kodak and they came out so clear. The coolest part about the camera was that when I took a picture I wanted to upload later, I just tagged it with the Easy Share button. This saved me the time of searching through pictures later and I could share to multiple sites at once, (Facebook, flickr, youtube, etc...) just by inserting my memory card. So Easy! ♪It's so easy, it's so easy, yeah yeah♪ (Buddy Holly)

Our tour guide was completely nerd-worthy with all kinds of facts, and he was fun! He led us in a BlogHer rendition of Mamma Mia, in honor of the show at the Winter Garden Theatre (which by the way used to be a horse stable.) ♪Mamma Mia, here I go again, my my how can I can I resist you♪ He pointed out cool places from movie and TV, and showed us where Mick Jagger lives (don't worry I didn't go stalk him,  because there just wasn't enough time.) The trip ended with us singing ♪If I can make it there I'll make it any where, it's up to you New York, New York♪  (can you see me with my top hat and cane dancing this one out?)

Some my favorite nerdgasmic facts:
  • Brooklyn has so many people that if it were it's own city, it would be the 4th largest in the U.S.
  • Madison Square Garden is currently in it's 4th location
  • Macy's, the world's 2nd largest store is in it's 2nd location
  • St. Paul's church, across from Ground Zero survived not only 9/11, but also survived an earlier fire, and is the oldest building still in use in Manhattan.
  • There's a whole lot of Starbucks in New York, but there's even more Dunkin Donuts!
  • Despite the number of people living there, it is actually the safest city in the U.S.
I had a great time on the Kodak Bus Tour, and I love my new camera (and not just because it's purple!) Thanks Kodak!




Disclaimer: Kodak provided the camera, lunch and the bus tour. All views an opinions expressed here are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I am actually surprised that it is the safest city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't our tour guide fun. Although if he mentioned he lived in Queens one more time .... I'm just sayin' ha ha.

    Loved hanging out with you at BlogHer. Think you've inspired me to finally get my Kodak post up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love NY! my home town. I am glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! sing me a song.