Selling BlogHer Ticket for Profit? They Should be Stoned!

Capitalism is what our society is based on. The desire to make something out of nothing propels us towards a never ending quest for the American Dream. Everyday, banks give loans for one amount and get paid back more than what the money was worth. Retail stores buy at wholesale prices then turn around and sell at triple the price. It's all based off Supply and Demand. If I have a supply of what you want, then I can sell it for whatever amount you're willing to pay.  Simple Capitalism. ♪Be a simple kind of man and be something you'll love and understand♪ (Lynryd Skynrd)

So, why, if sales for profit happen everyday, without anyone batting an eye at it, why is it such a big deal for someone to sell a Blogher Conference pass on EBay at more than it cost?! Isn't that Capitalism at it's finest?! ♪don't hate the player, hate the game♪ (Ice T)



There is a low supply of Blogher tickets, and clearly a high demand, because people are bidding on it, (it's currently at $355, and the original price was $298.) Yet, all over Twitter and the Blogosphere, people are complaining about it. Some even used the word "disgusting" to describe the situation. "Disgusting?" Really?! Interesting, odd, weird, unusual, maybe even a little tacky; but disgusting?! The puppy poop between my toes the other night, now that was disgusting! But this, this, is just Capitalism.


♪Hey, said my name is called Disturbance
I'll shout and scream, I'll kill the king
I'll rail at all his servants
Well, what can a poor boy do
except to sing for a rock n roll band...
There's no place for a street fighting man♪
(Rolling Stones)

6 comments:

  1. Excellent post. Excellent concept for a blog - soundtrack of your life- and excellent name of a blog(that is what drew me to visit!) Hi! I'm nicole from LBS Tea Party - just stopping by! I do believe, you have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to know that I'm not the only one who blurts out a song to whatever conversation is around me ~ love your blog! Coming by from LBS tea party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. In fact, I'm going to have to agree with Oingo Boingo on this one...

    There's nothing wrong with Capitalism
    There's nothing wrong with free enterprise
    Don't try to make me feel guilty
    I'm so tired of hearing you cry

    (---Capitalism) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree. Sometimes I think the people complaining about it are those who had to forsake their tickets and didn't think of selling it on eBay. Tee hee.
    There is some bloggy love over at my place for you, I hope you'll stop by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All hail capitalism! It works for concert tickets, why not conference tickets?

    I'll be lost and unprepared at BlogHer...maybe we'll run into each other!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! sing me a song.